Degrees and Certifications:
BS from TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
My name is Mrs. Sexton, this is my seventh year at Hardin and my 18th year teaching. Many students experience growing pains with each year of junior high. Seventh-grade ELAR is a challenging class. There is an increased expectation of maturity, independence, and responsible behavior. I am excited to see my students grow, flourish, and meet new challenges in the upcoming school year.
Seventh-grade ELAR uses Google Classroom as a means to complete all absent work, except tests. Tests must be scheduled with me. Much of our work is done in Google Classroom however, we do work on paper and in our class journals.
Journals are an essential part of our class. My tests are application and open notes. YES! Open notes! I also take a test grade on the journal itself.
We will read several novels this year. I am excited that Hatchet is the first book we will tackle. This is an excellent novel that focuses on the will to survive. Students will be required to read/listen at home to chapters daily. The book is really good, and it should not take more than 15 minutes.
Room 109 Rules
- Follow all directions given, quickly.
- Respect others.
- Come prepared (supplies, homework, attitude)
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself-NO HORSE PLAY or THROWING THINGS
- No DRAMA or being rude to others.
Room 109 Social Expectations
Below are a few of my classroom non-negotiables:
- Distracting behavior will not be tolerated. The learning environment is shared by all students and must be respected. ALL students have an equal right to learn in a safe, distraction-free environment.
- Throwing things is NEVER ok.
- Socially unacceptable behavior within the group setting will not be allowed, your child will not be allowed to remain in group activities.
- Verbal or physically refusing to follow instructions is not acceptable.
- Cheating is an automatic 0 with no opportunity to make it up.
- Everyone works, no excuses.
- Hateful talk will not be tolerated in my room.
REMIND is my favorite way to keep in contact with busy parents.
Send a message to 81010
I send pictures if you approve, comments about good things, and things you need to be aware of.
Below is the link to my class syllabus.